Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problem associated with life-threatening illness. This type of care helps to prevent and relieve suffering and other problems, through early identification and impeccable assessment.
Palliative Care helps with;
- The affirmation of life and regards dying as a normal process;
- Intends neither to hasten or postpone death
- Integrates the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care;
- Offers a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death;
- Offers a support system to help the family cope during the patient’s illness and in their own bereavement;
- Uses a team approach to address the needs of patients and their families, including bereavement counselling.
We work with you to create a plan and will adjust it as your needs change, within your home. We will help you navigate and advocate for you with the various medical Personnel.
POST DISCHARGE CARE
TLC can help transition you from the hospital to your home. Once home we can provide the care you need to enable you to get back on your feet and into your regular daily routine: “Back to Normal”
We will help transition you through short and /- or long-term care challenges both in and outside of the home and advocate for you with all levels of health care professionals.
Caring for your loved one in their home when you or the live-in/caregiver goes on vacation ensuring a continuity and peace of mind for you and your family.
Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problem associated with life-threatening illness. Which prevents and relieves suffering.
We bring registered qualified nurses into your home, to provide a high quality level of care to your family.